Wheat Flour and Oats Ladoo are healthy ladoos. They are enriched with edible gum and coarsely powdered nuts and melon seeds.
The Ladoos are full of nutrition, as these are enriched with loads of dry fruits and edible gum. The oats lend a wonderful flavor to these Ladoos. The flour is roasted on very slow flame till aromatic, this is a step where you require lots of patience. If you increase the flame, the flour tends to burn, so roast it very patiently.
While one is roasting the flour, the oats and nuts can be roasted in the oven on two different racks. This way you save on time. Edible gum is optional and needs to be shallow fried. Once all these preps are done, it’s just mixing and binding and you have a power-packed energy ball! You can enjoy it anytime.
These Ladoos are apt for any festival, I made big sized Ladoos and packed them individually in decorated earthen bowls. They make such a wonderful gift for the guest who is coming in. The best is they have a good shelf life and are ideal as travel food too.
Wheat Flour and Oats Ladoo
2 cup oats powder
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup ghee
2 cups sugar, powdered
2 tbsp cardamom powder
2 cups mixed nuts, coarsely pounded
1/4 cup edible gum
1/4 cup melon seeds
Roast the wheat flour, till aromatic and slightly brownish.
Roast oats till crisp, blend them in a mixer.
Heat ghee adds the edible gum, fry, and transfer to a mixer and blend to get a coarse powder.
Mix the wheat flour, oats powder, and the edible gum powder and powdered sugar.
Add the mixed nuts, cardamom powder, and melon seeds.
Warm ghee and start adding little by little. Bind the ladoos .
If you find the mix dry perhaps you can even add some warm milk for binding.
Once the ladoos are ready you can serve or store.
Mine was good for more than a month in the refrigerator.
Suma has always inspired me for making Ladoos and you must check her place for more variety. These Ladoos are my Day 3 post under the theme Diwali Sweets and Savouries. The previous two days I posted Amaranth and Oats Ladoo and Jowar Ladoos with Rose Petals.
And here are some more Wheat Flour based Ladoos –
Wheat Flour and Oats Ladoos
- 2 cup oats powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 cups sugar powdered
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup mixed nuts coarsely pounded
- 1/4 cup edible gum
- 1/4 cup melon seeds
- Roast the wheat flour , till aromatic and slightly brownish .
- Roast oats till crisp , blend them in a mixer
- Heat ghee add the edible gum , fry and transfer to a mixer and blend to get a coarse powder
- Mix the wheat flour , oats powder and the edible gum powder and powdered sugar .
- Add the mixed nuts , raisins, cardamom powder and melon seeds.
- Warm ghee and start adding little by little . Bind the ladoos .
- If you find the mix dry perhaps you can even add some warm milk for binding.
- Once the ladoos are ready you can serve or store .
- Mine were good for more than a month in the refrigerator