Hari Moong ki Dal is the split green lentil which makes a simple yet delicious meal along with some rotis or parathas .
Hari Moong ki Dal is one of the most nutritious lentil with many health benefits . It is full of fibre and protein . This lentil is versatile and can be used not only to cook the Dal but one can make a huge variety . The Dal can be used in different forms and for any meal – breakfast , lunch or dinner . One can make Dhoklas , Cheelas or even the Dalwadas .
I made this protein rich Hari Dal as a part of Punjabi Thali where I served the Hari Dal along with Aloo Pasanda , Saunfia Karele and a Warqi Paratha . Warqi Paratha is a flatbread with many many layers and teams up well with Hari Moong ki Dal .
This marathon we are posting from our drafts and I decided to post recipes from Punjab . I had prepared this Thali for Flatbread Special theme and I still had to update most of the recipes . This was my good chance to do so . Hari Moong Ki Dal is the recipe of the Day and trust me a very delicious Dal , which is quick to cook and has lots of health benefits .
Hari Moong ki Daal
1/2 cup moong daal with skin
1 cup water
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp garlic , finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger , grated
1 green chilly , chopped
1 tomato , chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasoori methi
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Wash and soak the dal for 20 minutes .
Pressure cook the dal with salt and turmeric powder .
Cook for 1 whistle and then simmer for 5-7 minutes .
Let the pressure drop and then check the dal .
Heat ghee in a small pan .
Add cumin seeds and garlic . Let the garlic turn golden .
Add green chillies , ginger and chopped tomatoes .
Cook till tomatoes are mushy .
Add garam masala , kasoori methi and lemon juice .
Add tempering to the dal .
Mix well and adjust the consistency .
Serve garnished with kasoori methi .
Hari Moong ki Daal
- 1/2 cup moong daal with skin
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 green chilly chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Wash and soak the dal for 20 minutes .
- Pressure cook the dal with salt and turmeric powder .
- Cook for 1 whistle and then simmer for 5-7 minutes .
- Let the pressure drop and then check the dal .
- Heat ghee in a small pan .
- Add cumin seeds and garlic . Let the garlic turn golden .
- Add green chillies , ginger and chopped tomatoes .
- Cook till tomatoes are mushy .
- Add garam masala , kasoori methi and lemon juice .
- Add tempering to the dal .
- Mix well and adjust the consistency .
- Serve garnished with kasoori methi .